Saturday, November 17, 2012

Finally Cold Days

Last night it finally started raining. And it wasn’t just a light shower, but a nice heavy rain! The temperature dropped down to the sixties, making it appropriate to light a fireplace (I had been waiting for that).


This morning my hardwood floors were so cold that I had to put on a pair of warm knitted socks that my mom made for me.


In the afternoon the skies cleared up a bit and my boys and I went out to get some fresh air. Other than some trees changing colors, we didn’t see many interesting sights. But raindrops on the succulents in our front yard sure looked pretty.



10 comments:

Bella said...

Hi Olga,
I am glad you are enjoying a bit of fall, your socks look cozy and a warm fire sounds VERY COZY!
Hugs,
Bella

Lavender Cottage said...

I like your socks Olga, they look warm and comfy.
Judith

Olive said...

Hi Olga, I love the succulents. It has definitely turned colder here too. To answer your question about chalkboards and them making a mess. They do if they are large but my small one does not and I erase it with a paper towel. My kiddo has a chalkboard wall in her room and she loves it but chalk goes all over the place. xo, olive

My Little Home and Garden said...

The plants are all wonderful, but I love the socks! They are on my list of things to learn how to make.

Mindy Northrop said...

Well, it's good to hear you finally got some rain - and a chance to photograph your succulents. I LOVE the one in the grass.

Barbara F. said...

Cute socks! Pretty succulents, too. Have a happy Thanksgiving week! xo

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Olga,
Your Mom is an excellent knitter for making such nice socks. Enjoy wearing them for the cooler time of the year.
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Heather - The Good Life said...

Love the socks your mother made, they look toasty warm. A warm cozy fire on a cool fall day is a perfect way to spend some time. Heather

Lawn Care Fort Worth said...

Thanks for sharing such a great information. I know that its not at all easy to take care of your lawn at all it need lots of hard work & knowledge.

Ayu Maselli said...

Hello Olga,

beautiful warm socks and beautiful yellow fall leaves.
just founded you at Mariette

Have a nice Christmas

Post a Comment