Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another Handmade Summer Top



We’ve been having very hot weather here in California. I love wearing white on sunny summer days. Today, I want to show another one of my handmade tops that is simply perfect for such weather.
My mom crocheted it for me a few years ago. What I like about this top is that it could be worn both dressy (with a skirt and high-heeled shoes) and casual (with jeans and flats). I also adore the delicate lacy pattern of this top.



For the first time, I’m joining Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday.



I’m also linking to My Romantic Home for Cindy's Show and Tell Friday.

25 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I love that pretty crocheted top! Actually the whole outfit is gorgeous, right down to the sandals. That top is just one more reason why I really need to learn to crochet!
Happy White Wednesday!
Carol

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Welcome to White Wednesday! You look too cute with your beautiful crochet top!!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a gorgeous girl you are! And what a fabulous top! Congratulations to your Mother on both!:) What a terrific debut for WW, but watch out, you'll get hooked! Happy WW to you--Jacqueline

Rose said...

yor mother is very talented. she also has a very beautiful daughter. rose

Nicole Feliciano said...

So pretty!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Olga... You look beautiful in your new top! A super sweet summer outfit! Your Mom is so talented!
Bella

The Charm of Home said...

What a beautiful top. You Mom did a great job on it. You look lovely!
Sherry

Олька said...

Кофточка очень интересная и элегантная! А модель вообще красавица!

Savanka said...

Красиво, элегантно :)

Unknown said...

Hi Olga, your summer top is lovely and it is so nice that it was hand made by someone so special to you. Your mother is very clever. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for your lovely comment. xx

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Olga,

What a great top - so versatile, as you can dress it up or down! And all the better, made with love. Nice to make you acquaintance!

Amanda

apple blossom said...

surprise for you here
http://myheartbelongs2books.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

Susan said...

Good morning, Olga. What a beautiful top. It's so delicate. Your entire outfit is very pretty.

It looks like it's a very bright and sunny day for you there in California. My sister lives there as well.

Here in Michigan, it's very rainy and overcast and has been for a great deal of the summer so far. It doesn't feel like wearing white weather here right now. It feels like a yellow rubber raincoat and matching galoshes day. ;-)

Thank you for sharing!

Smiles,
Susan

Princesa Nadie said...

Your summer top is really pretty.I love it...White is a perfect color for summer time,I use wear it a lot ,also flowers of course...
and your hat is lovely elegant.
Kisses

Jeannie B. said...

Very cute top. Lucky you to have a Mom who can do this for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy White Wednesday! Your white outfit is lovely...perfect for the hot weather here in California! Your mom is very talented to have made such a pretty top.
Enjoy the rest of your week! ~ Jo :)

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: How sweet of your mother to make this for you. It is very beautiful. You look stunning too! Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Sheila said...

What a perfect outfit! I hope you had a garden party to go to that afternoon. Your mother is such a talented lady. Lucky you!

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Beautiful top!

Sandi said...

I love your top that your mother made for you Olga!! It is so summery and pretty. As someone else said, I love your whole outfit. You look beautiful!!!!!! Happy WW a day late!
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Very sweet top!! Love the shoes and skirt too. Wish I looked as cute wearing a hat but no, not me!

Michella Marie said...

Sooo pretty :)) I would also hang on to it as a keepsake!! Your mother is very talented!!!
This was my first time on WW as well :)) If you didn't already, take a peek at mine I would love to have you over. I love it!! I look forward to many more and to yours as well.
Have a wonderful day!!
Michella

Michella Marie said...

I am now a follower and I will be adding your blog to my list of favorites ;)
Michella

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

What a pretty top! Your mom is very talented and it looks darling on you. I love it with the skirt and hat you are wearing and I can see that it would look very cute with many other things too.

Unknown said...

Dear Olga,
What a beautiful top you beloved mom has made for you. And, you look stunning in it. I love your blog and will try your soup recipes...have a wonderful day.

Post a Comment