Sunday, August 1, 2010

Handmade Monday: Just a Doily



It is the beginning of the new week, so it’s time for Handmade Monday! Let’s share our handmade items and DIY projects.

For my part, I want to show a crocheting project that I recently finished. Adoring lavender/lilac color this summer, I made a lavender doily. As it is not very big and of the easy “pineapple” pattern it only took me a few days to crochet it.

This is the second doily that I crocheted this summer. My next crocheting project will be a tablecloth.

Thank you for stopping by and, perhaps, adding your link. The guidelines for Handmade Monday post submission are here. I’m looking forward to checking out all your handmade projects.




13 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Olga,

Lovely pineapple doily! Did you know that the pineapple is the symbol for hospitality?

Greetings from Georgia/USA

MariettesBacktoBasics

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Very pretty, Olga! The pineapple pattern is a classic and so lovely.

Unknown said...

wow olga! it is so beautiful, i love it!

Sheila said...

Your handiwork is so fine - I can't even imagine making something this complicated but when I finish the quilt hanging I'm working on I'll post it - hopefully htis week.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful doily!

Anja said...

This is one of my favorite colors, I great idea to choose it for this doily.

Susan said...

That really is quite a beautiful doily, Olga. I was showing my Mother some of your work when she was here (we visited your blog together) and she was so impressed. We both would love to do these types of projects, so the week after next, we're going to sit down and start to teach ourselves. This ought to be interesting. She's left handed and I'm right handed. We may mess each other up a bit. ;-)

Lovely doily and beautiful color.

I hope you have a beautiful Monday,
Susan

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Hi Olga and I just love that doily! I am a huge fan of lavender and crochet so that is just perfect and the flowers arranged on top is just the ideal touch...beautiful!
I will try to participate in Handmade Monday a little later as I have a vet appointment this morning with a feral cat that is going to be a challenge but hopefully I will make it back home in one piece and can post something.
Tina xo

Erica (Irene) said...

Olga.....such a pretty doily and beautiful colour. Your handiwork is amazing. I never learned to crochet, but do lots of cross/stitching that my Baba taught me.
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work.
Irina. :-)

Olive said...

That is not "just" a doily. Not many folks have this skill darling one. It is lovely and the color is so pretty. Thanks for visiting me.
hugs ♥ olive

The Blackwood Cottage said...

Love the color Olga! I want to link with you on your Monday party but I'm a wee bit behind on crochet. I'm going to try real hard to participate next week! Have a good one!!
machelle

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I'm with Olive! There's nothing "just" about it! Lovely color! Jacqueline

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your lilac crocheted doily is so pretty!!! :-) Have you seen some of the pink ones that Creative Carmelina makes?

Post a Comment