Monday, February 18, 2013

Tea Time Tuesday

It’s been quite a while since I joined Tea Time Tuesday link parties. Today I gladly join Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for tea.

Things are quite hectic around my house now. The weather is spring-like (though we are supposed to have some rain tomorrow) and I’m busy with lots of cleaning, decluttering, and organizing projects. I didn’t have much time to treat myself to a quiet cup of tea.  

But today I want to share pictures of a charming tearoom in Krakow. I went there during my visit in Poland last September.



I was drawn to it because of its beautiful décor. I haven’t seen such amount of flowers anywhere before. There were real ones in pots and vases, dried and faux ones in pretty arrangements, flower prints on the tablecloths and flowers painted on the walls. And, of course, teacups, saucers, teapots, and napkins also had flowers on them!






And what kind of tea did I have? I flower one! It was a mix of wild rose hips, hibiscus, and some other flower ingredients. With my tea, I had a slice of delicious honey cake.





If I lived in Krakow, I would probably visit this lovely place each week!


12 comments:

janice15 said...

It looks just lovely Olga...very pretty I love the decor as well. I have busy cleaning the garden up... Happy Monday with love Janice

Lavender Cottage said...

Olga, it is so nice to see you back with us for tea. The tea room is decorated elegantly and the showcase of cakes is to die for.
You can be sure if a tea room like this were near me, I'd be visiting it often too.
Judith

Deb said...

What a beautiful tea-room. I would love to visit there. Thanks for sharing on Tea-Time Tuesday. Deb

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Olga,
That is indeed a lovely tea room. Looking at all the flowers I was thinking that people are trying hard in creating their own heaven on earth. They manage pretty well that way. And look at all the cakes and tortes you show in that last picture. That looks very much like the enormous selection we have in The Netherlands...
Hugs to you and hope you find time for a cup of tea!
Mariette

Dewberry said...

Kraków is a beautiful city. Actually, I live near Warsaw now, but I've been to Kraków many times. As a little girl I always liked a legend about the Wawel dragon (Smok Wawelski), it always gave me creeps :) Have a nice day Olga! :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Olga,
It is lovely to have you join us again for tea. What a beautiful tea room! The display of cakes is wonderful as well as the china. It would be lovely to have such a tea room close by. Thank you for sharing with us and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sheila said...

what a lovely tea room. Tea tastes so wonderful when served in such style and in such a delightful setting. Maybe one day you will open your own tea shop...

Magnolia Cottage said...

Dear Olga,
What a lovely tearoom. The honey cake looks delicious. And your choice of tea sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
hugs,
Lisa

Shirley said...

Tea and Flowers..can it get any better? I think not! Beautiful Tea room..

Karen said...

Dear Olga, thank you for taking us inside this beautiful tea room - I can only dream of going there. Everything is so lovely, and those pastries and cakes - oh my! I think I would be visiting here every day, too, if I lived there. xoxo

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a pretty place! I especially like that bakery counter! Right out of a storybook!

Bernideen said...

What a glorious tea room and I am so glad you got to go there!

Post a Comment