Monday, April 15, 2013

Herbal Tea from the Garden


Occasionally, I treat myself to a cup of herbal tea from my own garden.

I pick a handful of raspberry and blackberry leaves, as well as some mint and lemon balm. Rinse them well and brew a pot of tea. I like adding a bit of honey from my dad’s apiary to my tea. I get an organic, delicious, and fragrant drink. I also find it very calming.


Take a look at my new teapot. I found it at TJ Maxx. I love the little birdie design. Also, it has a big opening, so I can fit my hand inside, which makes it quite easy to wash.

The tea cup was a tourist souvenir that I brought home from my visit to Copenhagen, Denmark a few years ago. I bought it for a dollar at a flea market there. I love that darling tea cup.  



11 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, dear Olga, the tea pot is beautiful as is the tea cup! Lovely collage of your herbs for tea!

Shirley said...

What a beautiful tea pot and tea cup. Looks like the tea cup is a perfect companion to the pot. Good find on both. The crochet doily is pretty too.

Bernideen said...

The teapot with the bird - never seen one like that. It is so lovely!!!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Olga,
Together with your crocheted lace doily it makes such a pretty setting. TJ Maxx can have the best treasures ever! We are lucky to even have one locally since a couple of years.
Enjoy your fresh brewed herbal tea; it is so soothing!
Hugs,
Mariette

Bettina Bäck said...

I cant wait until summer to do my own herbal tea. I do long after the smell of blackberry leafes. :-)
Lovely pot!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Olga! I can't believe you got that gorgeous teapot at TJ Maxx! Fabulous! I just love the idea of tea from your own garden, and with your Father's honey. But I love that kind of practical romance. It's like a charming children's book tale. Only better!

Olive said...

That teapot is wonderful Olga. I am drinking tea more often these days. hugs, olive

Dewberry said...

I love herbal teas! I always pick fresh herbs myself and dry them. There's nothing better than a herbal tea!

Kanosh said...

Interesting blog. Want a Greenhouse? Build or buy an afordable, sturdy greenhouse. That works. You want a greenhouse that absorbs as much solar energy (sunlight) as posible. In the greenhouse the solar energy is converted into thermal energy or heat. So you want a greenhouse that will hold that heat longer. http://www.freewcn.com/ kanosh@kanosh.org

Karen Frost said...

Beautiful post, Olga! I love your teapot and tea cup - so very pretty! Thank you for sharing your recipe for tea! I think I can make that myself and I will try it! It sounds heavenly. Hugs to you xoxo

Golam Muqtadir said...

Product integrity, safety and efficacy have been Herbalife’s top priorities.
batidos de proteinas

Post a Comment