Sunday, November 4, 2012

More of Krakow, Poland

My most memorable cultural experience in Krakow was attending an evening concert of classical music at this majestic old church. The Church of Saints Peter and Paul dates back to the seventeenth century and represents Polish Baroque style.






As for my best culinary experience, it was a brunch with my husband at a small inviting tavern. We both had traditional Polish dumplings called pierogi. I had ones stuffed with cabbage and mushrooms, and my husband had ones stuffed with potatoes. They both were very delicious.


You might ask me what my best shopping experience was. Well, I didn’t do any shopping. I realized that my home is filled with tons of small souvenirs and trinkets from my trips and I probably don’t need any more. I thought it was wiser to spend time and money on seeing and experiencing things rather than shopping. Nevertheless, I enjoyed window shopping at some lovely artisan shops.







7 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Olga,
What beautiful photo's. I don't blame you for not shopping. I can get lost when I start to shop as there is so much to see and buy..so I try to stay away from the gift shops as much as I can..on the other hand, an antique shop I would be there in a heartbeat..All of the buildings and windows are a treasure to see. I love to look up and see what is looking back down at us. Beautiful detail..

poppilinnstudios said...

How beautiful, Olga. Thanks for sharing. My great grandparents on both sides were from Poland and I've never been, I love visiting through your photos. Hopefully I'll get there some day!
-Lynn

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Olga,
You are a wise young lady for not wanting to bring all those souvenirs home. The fact that you together WERE there is the most important treasure to take home in the form of photos and sweet memories for as long as you live. What we miss here in the US of A is those age old cathedrals and such. That Polish Baroque Style is so lovely. Certainly you enjoyed the authentic food and it does look delicious. What a lovely bakery with bridal cake in the window!
Hugs to you,
Mariette

PS LOVE your header!

Micupoftea~ said...

Hello Olga~ What a fascinating and scenic trip! The church is gorgeous. LOVE pierogi...yum! I agree about not picking up souvenirs, but instead building memories of food, people and places. :)
Shawn

Bella said...

Hi Olga,
I love seeing your trip! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and memories are always better than things... I hope you are enjoying autumn:-)
Hugs,
Bella

Hindustanka said...

Hello, Olga! I love the pictures of Krakow! Architecture is fascinating.And I was glad to see pierogi! We call them Vareniki in Russian:)I will come to visit your blog again! Anna

My Little Home and Garden said...

Hello, Olga
I've enjoying looking at your various travel posts. They make me want to buy a plane ticket and travel to these wonderful places.
-Karen

Post a Comment