This cilantro pesto is just as delicious as the traditional basil one, but its ingredients are a bit less expensive. My family loved it with pasta!

1 bunch fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
salt to taste
1/2 cup olive oil (or a bit less)
In an electric food processor or blender, blend cilantro, garlic, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, nuts, and salt. Add 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and blend the pesto. Add more olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
I'm linking this recipe to:
Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum,
Home Sweet Home Friday @The Charm of Home,
Potpourri Friday @ 2805.

1 bunch fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
salt to taste
1/2 cup olive oil (or a bit less)
In an electric food processor or blender, blend cilantro, garlic, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, nuts, and salt. Add 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and blend the pesto. Add more olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
I'm linking this recipe to:
Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum,
Home Sweet Home Friday @The Charm of Home,
Potpourri Friday @ 2805.
11 comments:
Switching out the nuts is a very good idea. I grew basil for the first time this summer and it did well.
Sounds delicious. I've never made pesto, but it seems easy enough from your recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Have a great day. :-)
Sounds great! I may try this too.
I've made a few different combos of pesto and have a stack of "someday" recipes to try. I agree, this time of year, when basil is about the price of gold, it's fun to use different herbs and/or greens. This one sounds, and looks, delicious!
Yum.....I love to make it with fresh mint instead of basil or half basil and half mint. It is especially good in the summer!
Now Following!
~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com
Thanks for sharing another great recipe Olga. I hope that things are going well for your family this month.
This sounds so good! I've never made pesto before and may try it with your recipe! I went to your other blog and saw that gorgeous crocheted shawl! Oh, it's pretty.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Looks this great. We are huge pesto fans. Thank you so much for the great recipe. Michelle
This looks wonderful, Olga. I like the idea of changing the nuts! Thank you for sharing your terrific ideas at Potpourri Friday!
I have got to try this. What a great way to try cilantro. Thank you for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry
Yum!
Post a Comment