Sunday, July 18, 2010

Handmade Monday: Baby Bits

This week for Handmade Monday I want to show two baby articles that I made about a year and a half ago when I was expecting my son.



This cross-stitch needle work hangs on the wall in his room. It was one of those kits that come with cross-stitch fabric, threads, and pattern. The cute little boy with the lamb caught my attention right away. I thought that picture was perfect for a little boy’s room.



The other article is a knitted blanket. It was the first (and the only one so far) blanket that I made. Basically, I just knitted a big rectangle. Little did I know about making baby blankets! Now, after being in use for more than a year, the blanket has completely lost its rectangular shape and turned into some imperfect polygon. But it is still soft and cuddly, and those are the characteristics my son cares about.
Below is a picture of my cutie-pie (when he was about three months old) all snuggled up in his blanket.




The guidelines for Handmade Monday are here. You are very welcome to link your handmade items or DIY projects bellow. I cannot wait to see them.

Have a great week!




12 comments:

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Olga...
Your handmade baby item are both so sweet, and sure to be cherished! Your sweet baby boy is precious... those cheeks and those blue eyes!! What a cutie:-)
Thanks so much for being our party hostess! I am glad I was able to join in:-)
Bella

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a darling boy you have! And what sweet things you made for him. It was fun putting something together for your party. I hardly do hand work at all anymore, but I have tons of handmade things that I enjoy. Thanks for hosting--Jacqueline

Susan said...

Good morning, Olga,

What a sweet picture of your son. He's so adorable. His eyes are so bright and so blue. Oh my goodness, he's cute!

Oh, and the cross stitch you made for his bedroom and the blanket are beautiful, too.
:-) I love the color of the blanket.

Thank you so much for hostessing Handmade Monday. This is such fun.

Blessings,
Susan

Sheila said...

Seeing your sweet needlepoint and the lovely green of the baby blanket reminded me of the time I waited for my son to be born. Your son is so precious and I appreciate the little glimpse of the light of your life! Thank you Olga.

Traci said...

Beautiful blanket! Love seeing him peek out from it. Had no idea you were hosting a group - I'll have to get my crafty self going once the kids return to school!

Anja said...

the sweetest son, be always lucky with him!

Rose said...

great needlepoint. your son is so cute have a good day

Kathleen said...

What a totally adorable baby!!! Your son is too cute!!!!

Erica (Irene) said...

What a cutie your baby........so adorable.
Being of Ukrainian background I learned to cross-stitch before I could walk. Sometimes my relatives in the Ukraine send some cross-stitching to me. I wish I could see the Ukraine, b/c I've never been there. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Donna said...

Oh how pretty these are! I love your work! I've done a lot of cross-stitch over the years and really admire your work. :o)
Donna @ Comin' Home

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

With such a lovely mother, I wasn't surprised to see this precious little boy all snuggled in your beautiful blanket! Love his twinkling eyes so full of smiles!

It is a perfect cross stitch you have created for him.

I didn't realize but I could have linked to your post with a cross stitch I featured for Show & Tell Friday. I just don't seem to get to making things like I used to. So much else seems to fill my days.

I sure enjoy stopping by to visit with you!
Kindly, ldh

Anonymous said...

Where is the pattern for the cute baby cap pictured on this page? Just got a request to make one for a neice who is due in July.

Post a Comment